Dairy Queen Scratch & Win Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Minnesota residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WUCW viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WUCW, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WUCW (the “Station”), Dairy Queen and Apple Vacations (the “Sponsor”), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per mobile device, per day.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one instant win per entrant, per day. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text “DQ” to 58447 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Alternatively, use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to link to play. Entrants will then receive a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. Entrants will receive up to four (4) messages relating to this contest.
(c) At the conclusion of the game if the entrant is not an instant winner, then such entrant will be automatically entered for a chance to win a consolation prize.
(d) The contest starts at 9:00 am CST on February 15, 2013, and ends on the earlier to occur of (1) when all available prizes have been won, or (2) at 12:00 am CST on March 3, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries for the grand prize must be received by Station by 12:00 am CST on March 3, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(e) The maximum number of instant winners for this contest game is ten (10) per day. Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played. On March 4, 2013, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries received.
(f) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., [Sponsor] and the Station.
1. Up to two-hundred ten (210) instant winners will each receive one (1) coupon for a FREE Premium Fruit Smoothie at Dairy Queen. Estimated value $4.50.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive a 3-night trip for two (2) adults to Riu Vallarta, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The trip package includes round-trip airfare for two (2) (economy class) from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, transfers to and from resort, all meals and drinks in-resort. The trip is valid for travel March 4, 2013 to April 5, 2013, and June 1, 2013 to August 3, 2013. Estimated value $2,500.00, depending on travel dates. The trip package does not include any other meals, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The trip is subject to reservation, availability, and blackout dates may apply. The trip is subject to Apple Vacations terms and conditions.
2. Winners will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each instant winner will receive a mobile notification with instructions to enter his/her name and address to that the prize voucher can be mailed to each winner. Instant winners will then claim his/her prize in person at the Sponsor’s participating location within by the expiration date, and will be required to present the coupon/voucher. As a condition of playing and winning, instant winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest, have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or claiming a prize, and are not an employee of the Station, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and all sponsors, their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as “Releases”) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as “Claims”) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or his/her use of the prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Station shall not be responsible in the event an instant winner prize is lost in the mail. In such event, the prize will not be replaced.
The grand prize winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If an instant winner does not claim his/her prize within 10 days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and then the prize will remain the property of the Station or Sponsor. If the grand prize winner does not claim his/her prize within ten (10) days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household, per day.
7. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning are 1 in 10 scratch off games. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WUCW, 1640 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to DQ Scratch & Win, 1640 Como Ave St Paul MN 55108 by March 31, 2013.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.